Wednesday, April 13, 2011

april 4 - 12 abc trek: a different walk

so here i am.

made it, safe and sound.  feeling quite positive, completing my third trek, and the fact each of them had a different flavor. 

this time i had the first three days alone.  these days were some of my favorite.  pace, my own.  stopping, at my whim.  it really relaxed me, having not to negotiate with others.  a freedom that ended with the meeting of others.  i enjoyed the relating and walking, but i think that the walk alone really spoke to me, and someday in the near future i plan to extend that time.

so, after a few days of walking on my own, i came to a branch in the road.  one way, a nice flat walk, the other, straight up.  thinking that up could be the only answer, i began.  wrong.  i stood, waiting for someone to come along to ask, as i did not want to lose the elevation that i had just gained.  after only 20 minutes, a group of porters came through and pointed me right.

because of this, i met the first to join me.  shlogo, a young israeli on his after-service travel.  a very nice guy, with many insights into israeli culture, and a bit of a different take.  and just to get this out of the way:  i kept pace, old 39-me. ha.

the next to join were barbra, a dutch girl from goa and fran, british.  both were good fun, and so we all ended up finishing the walk together.  and i get to use some of their photos, as i made a point to be less behind the lens for this experience.  and besides, i didn't want to carry the camera.



pictures:



lodge life


break joy


who me, hobbit?

zen rock snow garden



staring down a past fury


what i look like walking

khem and shlogo


victory

panarific 1

panarific 2

don't look at the hand, rather, the boot.

pre-hot spring

just reward: hot spring

the ladies

mutton birani?  or just cute?

smile


at the end


videos:






hello for now





No comments:

Post a Comment