Monday, January 31, 2011

364 days till 40

so i got me a year.  actually, less.  a bout of food poisoning had me spending the last days of 38 and the beginning of 39 regretting a poor food stall decision, so i've lost a bit of time in the resolutions for my last year of 30.

so yesh, one shy of 40.  never even saw it coming.  distant footsteps, always behind me so quiet, i never even gave it a thought.  and then the shock of staring up into the face of my 39th year.  but at least i have made it this far, relatively unscathed and still scrapping for a wee bit more...

 so, on this second day of 39, i shall set into pixilated stone a few resolutions that if not at least attempted, shall mockingly stare up at me from this screen:

  • spend as much time as i can with my family
  • give pittsburgh a proper chance
  • buy a place that needs work, and fix 'er up
  • whittle down the ideas into a concrete business plan
  • learn a martial art
  • road trip across the usa
  • study italian
  • a return to many of the skills i used to know and love:  snowboarding, biking, climbing, cooking, dancing, languages, yoga...
  • be a better, more communicative friend
  • relearn my social-ness
  • more blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment