Thursday, December 30, 2010

my guide: mahendra


the most important person of the whole trip, my guide mahendra.  i met him two days ago when i went to the recommended trekking agency, looking for a guide.  he was present when i explained where i wanted to go and what i wanted from the agent.  i liked him immediately, as he rolled his eyes and and laughed with me as i caught the agent overcharging for various set-price licenses (you basically need to licenses trek in the annapurna region).  the agent aksed me to return to the agency later, as then i would meet with my guide.  when it turned out to be mahendra, i knew that i would be in good company.  mahendra the super-guide, helpful to others, even at the risk of his life (see the day 10).  eagle-eyed when it came to spotting attractive ladies and ganja, a 23 year old nepali guy that i am glad to have met, and in no way could have crossed the throung la pass without.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment