Thursday, November 25, 2010

thanksgiving: missing family, friends and stuffing

distracted by my soon-to-be termination of this segment of my life, i realize that it is thanksgiving.

every time i miss a holiday, away from my family, i feel it.  a gap in my year that needs to be made up, at a later time.  i am lucky to have a family that understands that it is not the date that matters, but the gathering of family.  so i look to the forward, and see my stuffing waiting for me in april (or whatever date that i feel the pull of home stronger than that of the cleansing and rejuvenation of the road).

if this day we are to state the things in which we are thankful for i offer up thanks for the luck that has given me the people that are my family and friends, as well as all my life experiences (both gains and losses)-a life that has been most interesting.  and as a nod to the immediate, i also am thankful that this particular segment of my life has passed and that i am transitioning to a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment